National Apprenticeship Week 2019
November 11 – 17, 2019
Facts about Apprenticeship
· More than 150,000 employers and labor management organizations benefit fromapprenticeships.
· FACT: There are over 545,000 apprentices nationwide in more than 1,000 occupations.
· FACT: Nearly 9/10 apprentices are employed after completing their apprenticeship. Average starting salary: $60K+/year
· FACT: Workers who complete apprenticeshipprograms earn $300,000 more over a career than their peers who don’t.
· FACT: Apprentices earn while they learn, reducing their need to take on debt.
· For every dollar spent on apprenticeship, employers get approximately $1.50 ROI.
ABOUT NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP WEEK
National Apprenticeship Week is an opportunity for the Apprenticeship community to tell the story of apprenticeships and is an invitation to business and industry, education, career seekers, community based organizations, students, and workers to learn about the real world advantages of developing careers through adoption of the apprenticeship model. Apprenticeship is for those who aspire to be great, lead in innovation and creativity, strive to innovate in business and industry, and recognize the value of combining paid on the job learning coupled with a substantial educational component to build generational greatness in careers and commerce.