The U.S. Dept. of Labor has released a slick new Quick Start Toolkit that provides helpful guidance, steps and resources to start and register an apprenticeship program. The toolkit covers everything from exploring the apprenticeship model as a workforce strategy to launching a new program. Whether you’re a business, labor organization, industry association, community college, or a community-based or service organization, this toolkit will help you:
- Explore apprenticeship as a strategy to meet your needs for skilled workers
- Partner with key players in your region to develop an apprenticeship
- Build the core components of your apprenticeship program
- Register your program to become part of the national Registered Apprenticeship network
- Launch your new Registered Apprenticeship
Check out the toolkit at www.doleta.gov/oa/employers/apprenticeship_toolkit.pdf.